Hopping Penguins

Penguin statues outside of the Overgate hopping down near a church. I have never noticed these before, Dundee has actually a lot of outside art that is nice to look at, but people have decided that these need some more decoration and coloured some of the penguins' eyes red. Problem is if someone cleans them, they are just going to end up the same way the next day.

Got the Odin picture scanned. The people at the copy place said that the drawing is pretty light to scan and they will see what they can do. It did get scanned but their scan is really light, much lighter than the actual drawing. So I had to mess around in photoshop to darken it a bit. Not sure really why their scan is so much lighter than mine, I didn't have a problem with my scanner picking up the graphite and theirs did, my scanner was just about 1 cm too small to scan the whole drawing.
"Odin and his Toy" Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip
Graphite 14 by 17
Off to the Royal Highland Show tomorrow, so hopefully I get some really nice pictures and John doesn't get kicked by a skeebie.

Technorati Tags: , ,

Comments

  1. Oh, I just googled Royal Highland Show! Please may I stow away and come with you? What a fantastic event!
    Odin's picture is spectacular. Great job.
    What's a skeebie? Seems there are all manner of things that could kick you at the Show:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P S The penguins are endearing. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supposed to be A LOT of people going to the show, I'm just hoping it doesn't rain too hard. *crosses fingers*

    lol a skeebie is big hairy highland cow :) Hopefully no one gets kicked, I don't think you can get that close to an animal to get kicked but you never know when it comes to animals. Could be a loose run away cow and it can be the scottish version of the running of the bulls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK. That conjures up some amusing imagery...the running of the skeebies:)
    I think I know which cows 'skeebies' are now. Longhorns with bad toupees!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_cattle
    Have a good time at the Show. Don't forget the camera and sketchbook. Aren't colored pencils nice and portable when it comes to sketching?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3