I See You

6 by 4 Inches on Stonehenge Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip
Derwent Coloursofts

I did this as an art card (ACEO) a few months ago and wasn't completely satisfied with the outcome. Decided to re-do it a bit bigger. Still need to work more on the little bird. I want to try to get a really nice deep pink for most of his head. I really like the soft look you can achieve with Stonehenge paper, but I don't like how many layers the paper takes to get to the right values. Couple more hours of work and a few little changes to the darkest parts and it should be done. I don't do many still-lifes that contain cups, or vases. I figured doing something like this where there is wildlife involved would make it more appealing, and be a challenge to make a cup look realistic.

A photo taken as we were driving into town, clear skies one way, dark rain clouds the other.


Technorati Tags: , , ,

Comments

  1. I like the picture, the bird looks cute! I'm not fond of Stonehenge either as far as the layering goes, but it does give a nice soft effect like you pointed out. I guess you have to give a little to get a little, eh?

    Love the pic with the storm clouds too, very dramatic! Mother Nature is a funny one sometimes, isn't she? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rita :)

    I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind. If its going to rain, let it rain. Its getting annoying having to go out and get the laundry hanging up and then get inside and it stops raining and is nice and sunny. As soon as you get the laundry back on the line, it rains again. lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3