Odin Grows Legs

"Odin and his Toy" Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip
Graphite 14 by 17 Inches

His legs still need more shading, but the basic shading is laid down. So far I have only used a 2H clutch pencil, once I have used that on the whole piece than I will switch to a different value. Need to darken up the middle area so the legs look like they are in the right position instead of looking almost on top of each other. He has huge feet, kinda hard to draw and make them look the right size compared to the rest of him. The rest of him is huge too (I have no idea what he would weigh), but if I had made the feet any bigger than it would have looked strange.

The hard parts are over, now I just need to fill the rest of him in and than darken his body.

Luka had huge paws too. He would use his paws to hold things down and even pick things up. He used to grab my legs with them when I would go to leave a room, not the best of behaviours but atleast he was easily house trained. Dad says he still does the same thing to him now.

When I had a Bouvier des Flandres (named Loch, died from anti-freeze poisioning. I wasn't there when it happened :( ), I used to get herded into the kitchen or he would circle around me when I was outside. He tried to herd the horses in the pasture next door, and the stallion turned up and chased him away. I had never seen a dog move so fast until that day. I love the breed, one day I will have another one.

Yeah this turned into another dog post. *laughs*

Technorati Tags: , ,

Comments

  1. Dogs are wonderful. Our pup met a beautiful Rottie puppy at the park on Saturday. Take a look. http://www.lesliehawes.com/blackdog/
    They were SO funny together. Rottie pup is 4 months old, ours is about 10 months. The pup will be HUGE!
    Your animal drawings are fabulous. I get so excited to see the steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw those pictures :) Looked like the dogs were having a great time. :)
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3