Scheming Magpie Finished

Magpie Coloured Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip"Magpie" Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip
10 by 5 Inches
Coloured Pencil


Finished Magpie. The scanner seems to have picked up a blue outline around the shadow that doesn't show up in person. If people want me to post a bigger copy of this I will. :) I'm not 100% sure if I am going to leave the background that sparse, come back to it in a few days and than I will decide than. I really like how the tail feathers turned out and they were very simple to do.

And strange sight to see. Look out of your window and see a bunch of neds high-tailing it down the street carrying a box of beer and a couple bottles of vodka, with a shop attendant in hot pursuit. They almost didn't get away with the box of beer having abandoned it in the chase, but came back for it when they saw the shop keeper was far enough away. But a bottle of vodka was dropped so at least they didn't get everything they stole, even though they got away.

Links:
SnapShots
Magpie Post #1
Magpie Post #2

Comments

  1. Wow - this magpie looks really great! Very alert, wating for something....
    I love the background as it is, wouldn't change it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:31 pm

    He looks perfect.
    I appreciate the Snapshots link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:35 pm

    We call those "beer runs", when you steal beer and fail to pay. Because the punishment is a misdemeanor, for theft under a few dollars, the convenience store clerks don't bother to prosecute. The kids know it, and it's quite the lark to get away with.
    The vodka would be another story...we would have to hunt them down and make them share...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks regula. Think I am going to leave the background as it is. I like how simple it looks :)

    Thanks leslie, your welcome. Lots of really nice photos there. :)

    I'm hoping they catch who did it, probably wont though. More than likely it wasn't their first time so I'm hoping that even if they only get a fine, its a big one (even though more than likely they will steal to pay the fine). And the store clerks here do prosecute because they are sick of it happening, partly because it happens so often.

    I really don't have any sympathy for people who steal, I've been stolen from so many times at places I have worked. Now that I think of it, the guy who stole from the liquor store stole vodka too...the cops caught him though and I was spared a day of questioning because he confessed to stealing from over half a dozen stores)

    oops that turned into a little rant....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great Jennifer! I like the paper colour choice you made for this one too, it really makes him pop.
    I agree with Regula, I wouldn't change a thing for the bg as it's already a great image "as is".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer it is great to see my photos being used and you have well and truly done the magpie justice. Good choice of background colour as well because it did bring memories back to me of the red soil where this magpie lives. *thumbsup*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3