Stripes Finished

"Stripes" Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip
Graphite and Coloured pencil
6 by 7 Inches on acid free card

Finished and sprayed so the graphite wont smudge. Learned that the fixative I have doesn't change the little colour that I have used (I sprayed this outside and still got a strong smell of the fumes, can't image the buzz I would have gotten if I sprayed it in the bathroom :p). I should colour up a few charts and than see if the colours are affected on a bigger scale. Not sure I should have put the stripe underneath the chin, but I needed something to make the chin stand out more, so decided a stripe might work. I think this was the first time that I have used a 6B pencil, its definitely one of the longer graphite pencils I have. I like how rough this looks, I do know though, that isn't every ones preference.

Answer to the last Scottish phrase:
1) "Loupin" means "Gross" it can also mean "leaping" The first time I heard it was when I had John try peanut butter. Yeah that didn't go over very well. ;) But I feel the same way about haggis. That is definitely loupin.

2) "Tattie bogle" means "Scarecrow" Heres a poem about a scarecrow that wasn't doing its job. We tried to read this aloud and everyone was stumbling over certain words.

Todays Scottish Phrase:
1) "scrievin'" this might be an easy one to figure out.

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:51 pm

    I just read the tattie boogle poem, and it's great!
    I think I would be speakin' with an accent in the shortest time. There is a cadence to the language that I find appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the poem :) I haven't picked up a Scottish accent, I say things more with an Irish accent, (...which is kinda weird).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3