Everyday Matters Challenge #137

Everyday Matters Challenge #137 Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

A really simple (crap :p) drawing of the wall socket. My hands are really stiff today, and while I don't like using that is an excuse, today any detail drawing was not going to happen. I still forget to turn the socket on still (and 20 minutes later wonder why I don't have toast or smell burning toast).

I watched Atonement today. I read the book awhile ago and had the same feeling when I finished the book. I actually didn't know what to think, what was the point of it. I had to make myself finish the book because I honestly was bored about half way through but wanted to finish it in case the ending was good and maybe I just wasn't seeing what other people had. I didn't hate it, but its not something I would recommend if someone asked me for something to read. The problem is I can't really give my honest opinion of both of them without giving away the ending. The movie was really nice visually and wasn't a waste of time but like the book I had really felt like it was pointless. ugh I could go into more detail but like I typed before, it would give away the ending and I hate when I come across blogs that don't give spoiler warnings. Ok this might be all right to type. Are we supposed to feel sorry for the character for what they did because of what happens to them at the end? Make them a likeable character, or that they got what they deserved?

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:06 pm

    I have neither read nor seen Atonement.
    But I had very similar feelings years ago about "Bridges of Madison County". Big deal about the book. Just did not thrill me.
    I think someetimes hype gets ahead of reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no desire to read that book. I like sappy cheesy novels but that always seemed a little too sappy for me. I really like the book I am reading now, but I like Clive Barker, and he is probably not for everyone but the this book is tame, I just like the style its written in. Might do a book review if I can think of something to write that wont give away the plot. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3