New Zealand Part 3

*This post was supposed to go after part 2 part of course, and I thought that I had published this but if I did, it has dissapeared so here it is.*

So next after we left Rotorua we travelled to Whakatane where I again managed to fall and drop things (and I hadn't been drinking lol). Its also where Mr.Fuzzy bought 2 litres of ice cream because it was cheaper than buying a small tub. And he did manage to eat a lot of it, but had to leave it at the hostel with a note saying "eat me" in the fridge.

We really didn't do much there besides walk around and look at everything. We could have went out to White Island, but the weather wasn't being the best and we didn't want to wait around until a tour group was going to go out. The forecast wasn't good so we decided to move on within a day. [and the air was toxic..you need to wear a gas mask >> Mr Fuzzy]


Next we went to Whanarua Bay because we needed to stop and rest after driving. Now just a warning to anyone that might be going that direction. Take food. No really, trust me. Might have changed now but there was nothing there besides the hostel and some really nice (and probably pricey) houses. It was very pretty and the weather was gorgeous so it was worth the stop. Did get a bit of a shock when we were getting down to the hostel. The drive-way suddenly looks like it will make the car go right into the water and we just crossed our fingers the brakes were working well enough on the car lol They had a sign up asking not to feed the fat cat. He honestly doesn't need any more food no matter how much he begs lol

Than we have a bit of a gap because for some reason neither of us took any pictures when we were in Gisborne. Mr.Fuzzy was a little freaked out by the gas cooker because it looked like it was at least 50 years old. Its odd that I remember what we ate that night. Pork chops with lots of pepper on them lol

Onto Napier and we had to stop to take pictures of the gorgeous scenery along the way (and we had to stretch our legs)


We both really liked Napier. We stayed for 3 nights at 2 different places. Switched from the place we stayed the first night to stay here. Really cool place to stay and a good idea for a hostel.

Just down the road from the hostel. Very nice little gardens.

And I wanted a picture of the side of the waterfall so Mr.Fuzzy decided "hey I can do that!"

"hmmm this is a little slippery!"


And a killer duck that really wanted to get rid of me lol

And there were a lot of cars with personal plates in Napier

Big fan of the movie?? And sorry but you can't paint a car with house paint and expect it too look nice:


Next stop: Wellington

Links:

Part 1
Part 2

I will post part 6 tomorrow I promise :D

Comments

  1. I think you did because I am sure I commented, LOL.
    So I should share huh? Are you a member of artform.co.uk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sure you commented too. Its very strange. No, not a member but I will go check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. artform.co.uk is not an art site that I can tell, and artforum (just in case it was a typo), is a company selling arts and crafts with different people. I'm I missing something? :) (if I am I blame it on lack of sugar :P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry mate, a BIG typo
    Check out the WIP section in here:
    http://www.artforums.co.uk/forums/index.php
    If you do decide to join be sure to check out the forum rules before you post, they are a bit weird about people introducing themselves! I s'pose they must have loads of people trying to sell sommat or another. You can see my post anyway, its under the title of "my first oil painting" WIP section....I had plenty wine before I posted it up, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:57 pm

    I can easily see why LOTR chose NZ to be Middle Earth.

    I have been enjoying these posts about your trip.
    I would never have come away from there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3