New Zealand Post 4

Short post today as I am knackered and need to sleep *snore*


So we stayed in Wellington for a few days. After driving a long time (though we ended up arguing due to the stupid one way system throughout Wellington coupled with 5 odd hours of driving = short tempers all round >> Mr.Fuzzy), all we wanted to do was relax, do laundry and sleep. We did manage to get lost a few times before we found the hostel we were going to stay at (and its not a hard hostel to miss, you can see it from a good distance) so when I was woken up before 7 by some screaming children running back and forth up the hall I was not happy. By the time Mr.Fuzzy woke up I was even more pissed off as they had gotten worse (I did scare one though when I yelled back at a kid to shut up and stop running around like an animal. He ran back into his room pretty damn quick after that :P) You never expect hostels to be a quiet place, but the kids were out of control. So Mr.Fuzzy went to complain and found out that we were not the first to complain and they offered us a discount on a better room to make up for it. It was a nice room :D (and I terrified the receptionist with my crazy tired appearance, and the manager must have been scared also when he turned up as he caved in very very quickly....though our room was missing the microwave we were shown....grrrrr, weird zebra paint job on the building which oddly we have zero photos of.....>>Mr.Fuzzy)

Wellington was an alright city. Lots to see and lots to do. But because we were trying to save money the only place we went was the zoo :P We did a lot of walking around (free!). I was glad I had good sandals, my feet would have been killing me if I hadn't of. There was a lot of art like the above on the buildings, added a lot of colour to the place.

And this is the city where Mr.Fuzzy was a pig (hey! I hadn't eaten anything all day! :P >> Mr.Fuzzy) We didn't want to cook, so fast food for the win and the golden arches was the closest at hand. So he ate: Quarter Pounder with cheese, a cheeseburger, fries, pop, and to top if off an ice cream sundae. All in one go and all very fast :p I had 6 nuggets and ok stole some of his fries. Its odd that we remember this lol

RUN!!!

What's with the giant animals everywhere?? :P I have had people think that the bug is real. Yes I was standing around taking a picture of a bug that could have eaten me whole. I don't know about anyone else but personally I would be running the other way or holding a really powerful electric fly swatter to defend myself if that had of been real. (He has mental images now of me standing around with the giant fly swatter playing tennis and shocking myself in the process)

We did try catching a glimpse of a Kiwi but after awhile even the keeper was like they might not show up right now, but you can try again later :)

I probably took 2 rolls of film at the zoo, more than I took at any other place in NZ :p

Loved the Giraffes :D Could have reached out and touched them, which was cool (but I didn't want to get in trouble so I didn't, no really lol)

Just a random building that I included here as I never managed to get a meal at Subway in NZ that was decent. I wanted to jump back behind the counter and yell at the staff "I know how to make this properly, out of my way!" :p (after 3 years I better have known how to make a sub)(I have a really hard time not doing that here when we get Subway as the staff is soooo slow! it drives me insane, but they can at least make the sub right.)

View of the city looking down from the zoo. Was pretty hazy that day and a light rain, which luckily stayed off until we were done at the zoo.

The bus stop outside the zoo. I wish more places had bus stops like this :D And it was the first time we took the bus anywhere as parking costs were insane.

Next post: I try to make John seasick, we almost end up sleeping in the car, and Christchurch

Links:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Comments

  1. I agree, more places should have technicolour bus stops. I'm sure the world would be a much happier place if we did. :D

    If I saw a bug that big I'd run... fast, and probably screaming like a banshee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm....screaming might attract its evil buggy attention though... :|

    NZ had lots of technicolour bus stops, including lots on the point in Dunedin...to come later if we find any pics. :P

    We both would go back in a heart beat...could if Mr Fuzzy thought he could find an IT job there, would even tolerate living in Auckland though we both are not especially fond of it....too much like every other big city we have both been too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3