Scarab WIP post #3

Rain off and on all day here today, the clothes were wetter after I hung them out than they were coming out of the washer :p But the flowers are loving all the water (and it means we don't have to remember to water them)

Almost finished with the scarab. I need to finish filling in the big middle part to the tail and than get a good scan of this to make prints from. I'm not sure on whether or not to leave the long white spaces as is, or fill them. I like the negative space but I'm not sure if it needs more colour. Thoughts?

Comments

  1. It looks great! Re. the long white parts.....it's a bit hard to give any thoughts without seeing it in the 'whole' but, while I do like the white parts a lot, I feel like a hint of colour would separate it from the external negative space....if that makes any sense at all. LOL Why not print out a copy of the scarab as is and then colour the long white parts on the copy and compare?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to see the whole piece to really provide anything meaningful. The other alternative is to scan it and try a few different tones in photoshop...thanks for all the advice yesterday. As I said you are a star and yes, you would make a great teacher :D....I need to research some paper suppliers now, I would like to try some different options.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks serena and chrissy. those are good ideas :) I didn't want to post the whole thing as I couldn't scan it yet and I'm really bad at taking pictures of art lol wanted a copy where the colours were as close as possible

    if you get stuck for paper suppliers chrissy let me know. I know where to get most of the papers I need online, but hopefully you can get some closer to where you live.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3