Seeing Spots

cattle dog drawn in graphite copyright Jennifer Rose PhillipPebble Beach" Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

Vintage art from me (well not that old, a couple years old). This is Rikki, an Australian Cattle Dog. I can't remember where I took this picture, some beach in Oregon when I went to a huge dog show there. I don't have a copy of this anymore, just one single print (#13). I do miss going to dog shows as its usually the only time you can see some of the rarer breeds. I think I will see if there are any local dog shows to go to next year. (I am open for pet portrait commissions now)

I printed off 8 ACEOs of the Peacock Scarab to sell on Etsy and other places. I put 4 on Etsy right now and I will keep 4 to sell through me (numbers 2,4,6,8). I will not be printing off anymore ACEOs of this scarab, so if you want one, please let me know. I can make different sized prints 5by7 inches for £12 and A4 sized for £20 plus £3 for shipping worldwide. Send me an email or a comment here if you are interested.

Dad is still in the hospital, another heart infection but the doctors are not sure what caused it this time. Could be dad's teeth, they are pretty bad (dental care in Canada is not cheap) and they could be what is causing the infection. So he is there for at least today, and probably the weekend too.

If it doesn't rain tomorrow, we really need to finish the front garden. It looks so much better than it did when we moved in (really anything would look better than grass that had not been cut since March).

And I missed the Eclipse this morning! But todays weather was what most people think the weather in the UK is like all year. Wet, cold, and grey. Too grey to see the Eclipse if I had have known about it before hand.

And Leslie has a great post about how she became an artist. I really like learning how other people have gotten to the artistic point they are in their life. Makes me wish I had some more of my really early art so I could show people (and get a few laughs I am sure. Whats that supposed to be? A cat? A Horse? Giant hairy mutant gerbil on stilts? )

This weeks Scottish Word:

1) scuddie

Answer to last weeks Scottish Words:

1) behouchie means arse

2) cantrip is a spell or magical charm

Comments

  1. Thanks for the link to Leslie's blog, a joy to view.
    Jennifer, I gave you an award on my blog. Don't feel you have to participate unless you want to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometime, I'd love to hear how you ended up in Scotland..?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, can I have a 5x7 one please. Would you like me to send a cheque in the post or Paypal? I was just thinking that Paypal charges commission and you need the dosh at the minute more than they do (new flat and all that), LOL. I am also quite happy to wait for a cheque to clear, it's gonna be a christmas prezzie if I am good and don't nab it myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the award ann :) I really like Leslie's blog, wonderful person with a great writing style :)

    ok, I will write up how I ended up here. Just need to find some pictures to include in the post :D

    Thanks chrissy :D A cheque is fine, made out to Jennifer Phillip. lol be bad, nab it for yourself ;) +

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:40 pm

    "...you cantrip your behouchie if you go walking through the greenhouse." was my first answer.

    Thought I was being funny, but I was right about 'behouchie'. Then I ruined it by saying it was a chicken house.
    huh.

    I also made the mistake of clicking through to see the puppies on the Rikki link. Terminal cute. I want Smudge.

    The scarab looks amazin'.

    Thanks for the link. It would be fun to hear more artists' stories.
    (hint)

    I always get a kick out of kids that say things like, "I always knew I wanted to be a doctor." Heck,I have no idea what I want to be when and if I ever grow up...

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol yeah you were right the first time :)

    yes cattle dogs are very cute dogs :D and very smart dogs. Rikki's mom lost her leg in a frisbee accident but she could still herd sheep and run faster than the dogs with 4 legs lol she knew all of her toys by name and would bring them to you when you called out the toys name even if it was buried between dozens of other toys she would bring the right one.

    I never actually wanted to be an artist when I was a kid. Liked to draw but I wanted to be a paleontologist or a marine biologist, and than I wanted to be (an still do) an archaeologist. lots of ologists :p I will see if I can get mom to find some old art that she has kept somewhere. Then I can post some of the really early art and everyone can laugh at me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on Pebble Beach, Jennifer!

    I wanted to be a Vet when I was a kid....I remember I used to draw but not a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Serena:D So many wildlife artist I find wanted to be a vet. I think when I worked at the dog groomers was mostly because I couldn't be a vet but could still be around animals all day. (and when you hear someone had a small pony in the shop its almost like working at a vets :p)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3