Finished Owls

snowy owls Cold Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip"Cold" Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip
Coloured Pencil and Neocolours on Stonehenge


I think I am finished with the owls. Used a few oranges and an Indigo Coloursoft pencil to darken the shadows.

I need to scan this as the photo makes it look really washed out, but Mr.Fuzzy is busy killing evil things playing Diablo 2 so has the desktop tied up at the moment, (he gets like Dad when he plays a game. You know he has died as he starts cursing. Dad woke us up once he was cursing so loud, turning the air blue after he died playing Halo :p I get the same way too though. Many a brave mouse has died while playing a computer game R.I.P. poor mices)

Anyway, I need to decide on a crop. I don't have to trim it, but I do need to decide how to show it online.
First is a long narrow crop and then a square crop with the owls off centre.

I prefer the tall narrow crop but it might be hard to find a frame for if I decide to frame it.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Comments

  1. oh i love this!
    And am no help, as I love how different it looks cropped both ways!
    the square one will be easier to find a frame for....but the tall one looks really fab!
    see no help at all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:50 pm

    I used to really love Diablo2, gosh it's such an old game!

    I like the tall one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:02 am

    Find a frame, then crop it.
    I like them both.
    I think leaving more blue gives a better sense of cold and alone and the need to huddle together. More blue the better.
    Great result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks everyone :)

    old game but really addicting lol The third one is supposed to come out next year I think. Dreading that day though. I wont draw for weeks until I finish it (I could draw fan art though)

    Good idea leslie :) Now to find a reasonably priced frame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Use a matt board to do the tall crop and place in a regular frame, or do a custom frame. Definately looks good tall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats a good idea. FIL has lots of wood, I'm sure I could make a simple frame (just need to find a mat cutter now hmmm)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3