Dark Knight

Coloured Pencil Horse WIP Copyright Jennifer Rose PhillipCopyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

I though about calling this Dark Knight and the other one that I will be doing White Knight. I don't think that black knight was on this horse but I think the titles will go well with the pieces.

The photo above has the muzzle almost finished, just need to darken the darks but going to wait until the whole piece is coloured so I can tell how dark to make things. The muzzle needs to have the grey blended around his lips still, he kind of looks like he ate a sugared donut :p

Here the first couple layers of browns are laid down. I used a few dark greys and an indigo blue for the dark values and the shadows created from the tack. I am also using a few dark purples but you can't really tell in the scan.

Once the 2 very short Dark Cherry Prismas I have are gone, thats it. I will just have to try to make them last. I will just see if I can find a few open stock Indigo and Royal Purple Coloursofts. Combine the 2 and you get a colour that is really close to the Dark Cherry.

I am thinking about trying to set up are digital camera and get some video of me using coloured pencils. They wouldn't be very long clips, just me trying to explain how I use CPs. Wouldn't be a big piece like this horse, which is only A4 in size so not that big actually, probably a piece a bit bigger than an ACEO. Maybe a few birds or dragons. Anyone have any questions or suggestions, please ask :) (I promise to translate if Mr.Fuzzy says something when the camera is filming ;) )

Comments

  1. It is coming along nicely and I love the idea of a video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:59 am

    OOoh wow this is looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks :D Need to think of the easiest way to set the camera up so people can see as much as possible. Shouldn't be that hard if I stack up a lot of books, or find someone with a tripod.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3