January 23th Photos

I wish the sky was this blue today, but the weather was really odd. Lots of rain and fog in the hills. No snow though.

The blue sky was seen in Arbroath Abbey in 2005. Was a gorgeous day, lots of sun and the sky was blue all day.
The graveyard is huge, there is more to the right and left. Some of the tombstones have really detailed engravings on them. Mr.Fuzzy went up some stairs and took this. Mild fear of heights so I wasn't going up there :p

Towards more of the ruins. There is more beyond this area, but its in even rougher shape. But the place is really old so I'm surprised its in this good of shape

Inside one of the buildings, but I can't remember which one though.

And the cliffs in Arbroath which people do fall down occasionally. Can get pretty windy around there, but on a good day its a nice walk :)

Hopefully go for a walk tomorrow and actually take a picture instead of using ones I already have taken. The weather has just been really wet, too wet for the camera :/

Comments

  1. beautiful photos!
    I am not religious but love old churches. always have done.

    TFS
    love teen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not religious either, but I love going to old graveyards. they just happen to usually be attached to a church of some kind :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:44 pm

    the graveyard is fascinating, I don't know why a huge chessboard came to mind when I looked at the enlarged photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely spectacular -- what a beautiful spiritual spot. I always feel kind of small when I think of places where people built so long ago. Around here buildings from the 1920's get put on the historical register!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are wonderful, thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have loved to have taken that walk with you. I've always been drawn to old grave yards- so much history. Must be awe inspiring to view ancient ruins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat ruins. I would love to go to Scotland and see some of their ruins. Don't worry about already taken photos. Just think, we would have missed these lovely photos if it was nice enough to get outside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those old ruins must have quite an aura about them.....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pics - graveyards are pretty interesting places to visit :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed the photos and I have a love for walking through graveyards, ...I'm weird...but I do enjoy it.

    Great photos today and hope you get your walk in. Our rain is still spurting a little but I see sun peeking out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos, I love the cliffs..but then I love to see the sea. I miss it and it is too far for a day...Nice weather today, shame bout the forecast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonerful pphotos, the first one is the mose impressive, Great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. it does really look like a huge chessboard! I didn't notice that before :)

    There is a lot of history in the area, much more then castle too :)

    thanks Mike :)

    It is awe inspiring. Hard too see the ruins that people vandalize though :(

    They do have a very calming aura about them. Very peaceful place

    I love visiting graveyards. Best place to go to if you want a few hours by yourself.

    Its not weird, there is sometimes so much to see in them. No rain, but lots of frost here

    I haven't seen the forecast for the weather tomorrow, scared to look now lol I do like living close to the sea, makes a nice day trip :)

    thanks Helen :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3