January 28th Photos

I'm not a religious person, only been to church for a wedding (not ours) and a few funerals. Don't believe in god (but don't have a problem with people that do unless they start preaching at me. hmm I think next time they come to the door I will just do what the old guy did upstairs. Open the door and as soon as they start preaching close the door. ok so he slammed the door but I think he might have gotten his point across. Mr.Fuzzy just told them never to come back :p loudly. We've tried being nice, but they are not listening) But I do like looking at churches. Not all, but a few of them just have such a calming feeling to them and are nice to look at.

I would love to live in a converted church but I can't imagine that one would be cheap to heat. There was one for sale in Dundee but not in the best area (had a operational graveyard in the back. Which would have been cool. People asked if I would be worried about ghosts. Only if they egged the glass :p)

St.Margaret's church


Its little details like this that I like about some of the churches.

A furniture place in a church :)

Almost finished :) I'm going to have to put a few of the candy pieces next to this so people can see the size difference. Its not a huge size difference, but big enough if they were actual candy you wouldn't want to eat too many :p

And Mr.Fuzzy's dad ditched his car in a field. He is all right but the car is still in the field :/

Comments

  1. I agree with you, church buildings, and not only catholics , but others also ,..they have something about them (building, windows work, architecture details, painting, or somethimes simplicity) that make appreciate all the work that was put into building them and attract attention, isn't what they supposed to do anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if I lived there all my time would be spent wandering around checking out all the great old architecture. The old churches, the buildings with the rounded fronts all very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love old churches, but like you, I'm an unbeliever, and hate being preched to or told I am going to hell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old churches and castles are the two main structures I would enjoy exploring...getting a sense of their history. Lovely pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love churches too!Especially old ones from the 1400- 1800's. I love sitting quietly in them and admiring all the architecture in them. I especially love looking at the altars, crosses etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! The architectural detail in old churches and cathedrals is sometimes breathtaking, but always interesting. That was my favorite part of art history classes years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off, I love that drawing you are doing.

    Great photos of the church. Yeah I'm like you, someone starts preaching and I'm outta there. My church are the mountains and the wide open skies and the bugs and the bees...

    ohh dear, he ditched his car in a field, glad he is okay.

    beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:29 pm

    If the Devil is in the details...

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love churches , but like you I dont go to them as I am not a believer.
    I love the details in old buildings.

    hope Mr Fuzzy's dad is ok.
    I love the allsorts!!
    love teen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jen, I love the pictures but then I love old churches. I do believe in God but I don't feel the need to go to church.... more in a spiritual way...I think it is all a very perosnal thing. I don't have a problem with anyone elses beliefs either... But, I really don't like being force fed anything at my door!
    I love the drawing, they are looking great. I do hope Mr Fuzzys Dad is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love cathedrals and the vast feeling inside, and pipe organs which are vanishing. Jen, I share your lack of religion but miss the rituals. Those church pictures are gorgeous. The churches here a really bland and boring.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3