Palm Trees

Palm trees right across from us. I think they are Torbay Palm trees and they have probably been in the ground for a few years to be this height. There is a taller one to the right of this picture in a different yard.

More birds sitting on my rose trellis. Hopefully its not dead. Shoudn't be if my Foxgloves are still green the rose should be fine. A little Blue Tit and some Sparrows. The Blue Tits here are not very vocal; the ones that are at Mr.Fuzzy's parents will sit on the end of the whirly while clothes were hung out (a foot away from me and they would just sit there), but if his dad goes out in the back for any reason they chirp and screech as loud as they can at him :p Actually if any guys goes out in the back. Its actually pretty funny :p

"Untitled" Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

Started on the liqourice the other day. I do like working on black as half of the values are already there. Saves on time. You do have to put white down on the parts you want to be bright or they just look muddled and with this paper (Murano) because it only takes at the most 5 layers you need to know what colours you want and how they will react to each other. Shouldn't take that long to finish. Might get it finished tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Wow- I had no idea palm trees could grow in Scotland. and it appears they are doing well and thriving. Thanks for the pics, Jennifer.

    I have been wanting to draw Isabella on black but haven't gotten around to trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great beginning, looking forward to seeing finished picture! Never tried this paper!

    Palm trees in Scotland, would never thought , Learn something new !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried any painting or pastel type of work...so am interested in seeing what appears.... I think it is amazing to be able to do that....

    The only "painting" I have ever done is watercolour pencils for my doll faces...and a few watercolour pencils on paper.... but, some day...perhaps I will get brave and try some painting....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always equated palm trees with the tropics and that certainly does not include Scotland. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see the beginning of your drawing :D (I like the subject matter!). We have palm trees too, so they must be hardy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isabella would look great on black :) I didn't think they would grow here either but yeah all the ones I see seem to be doing better then native plants lol

    I really like this paper, and its comes in so many nice colours :D

    Thats painting! Don't let anyone tell you it isn't.

    Its doesn't get that cold here so that is probably why they are doing well. I think if the area still got as much snow as it did when hubby was younger they would have died by now.

    Its just odd seeing them when all I thought I would see would be maybe a few really old tall trees. Too bad they don't have coconuts growing on them. Could made something with them lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for posting the palm tree pics, jennifer. it seems so unusual to hear of palm trees in scotland. lol

    i hope your rose creeper will be okay too ~

    i'm looking forward to seeing your painting progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:57 pm

    All great photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3