Another artwork blast from the past

Art I drew a few years ago because I don't have any new art to show today lol Went to the Letham craft shop but was good and didn't buy anything even though I could have spent a lot of money there :p

Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

I don't know why I stopped drawing dragons this way. I really do like the way the face looks here. I'm going to have to try to draw a few dragons like this soon.

I drew this in 1997. One of the first coloured pencil pieces I did and I still have it. I don't have a lot of art that I've drawn. Either I gave it away, sold it, or it got tossed. I wish I had some of it, but really it would just take up space and get wrecked anyway.

Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

Another dragon. Dead? I don't know :p The knot work on this took forever lol

I think I'm finished painting this. I touched up all the scales and finished the base. I still have to try to get the paint off of that shell and the rocks, but I will do it tomorrow outside if its nice so the flat doesn't stink like turps and I pass out :p Now I can focus on finishing that horse, and stocking up my Etsy store as it needs some new art.

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:34 am

    loving your dragons as always Jennifer, especailly the first one, super pencil work.....btw I have a award for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the pencil work is amazing.... It's all amazing! You should illustrate a children's book if you haven't already...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That eagle is INCREDIBLE. Love the others and your dragon turned out great but the eagle...my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some lovely work here Jen. I love the top dragon, he is amazing. The eagle is great, softer than your current work? Good to look back on what you have, I have very little really, I end up giving most of mine away...but I have a couple of pieces on the wall

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Vic :) I love pencil work, should really do more

    alison-thanks :D

    Michelle- thank you :D haven't illustrated a children's book before. Would love to :) actually would love to illustrate any kind of book, but I don't have enough of a portfolio to even think about approaching a company to try (thought about illustrating some scenes from some books but I'm not really sure about how legal it is)

    sandy- thank you :) I really like the eagle too. I think thats what started my love of drawing birds

    chrissy- yeah much softer then how I work now. I was really scared of making mistakes at that time and worked light to help with trying to fix any. Art always looks better on the wall then in a box. I wish we had more wall space because our flat would be full of art lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOu and me both, birds are probably my favorite subject.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:40 am

    Love those dragons!! the eagle is wonderful too, I love eagles but I really love those dragons!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3