I want a Pony

While this is a lot bigger then a pony, I wouldn't mind one of these either lol No idea where we would put it, but it would scare the cats away (I like cats I do, but I'm sick to death of having to clean up the mess for cats that are not ours). So this is what I am going to try to draw next. Might be posting this way too early and it might come to bite me in the arse, but here it is. I'm going to get rid of that rope halter, and I might have a bit of a problem with the area to the left of that but I have a lot of reference photos of this horse so it shouldn't be that hard. I might change the tack to one that I have a photo of that is very colourful, haven't decided yet. If I had some canvas I would probably paint this as it would probably be easier then using coloured pencils, but I need a challenge :p

I know I did a graphite piece of this same picture but I want to see what it looks like coloured :)

Various Everyday Matters Challenges Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

I haven't posted any EDM challences for a while so here are a bunch. Very rough to look at but I'm fine with that. My sketches really did need to get looser and its helped me focus more on the shapes then the detail.

Snow in the mountains

hmm taken with my camera which normally takes really nice photos. It was later in the day so there probably was not enough light.

Comments

  1. I'll be following along. I just started a sketch of a horse from one of my photos...

    I was going to do the EDM challenge, but really haven't got going on that yet.

    I like your sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous horse!
    and i love your sketches.

    that view with the snowy peeks is lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely reference, although to me it looks really hard. Whatever have you bin doing to your chopping board?
    Word of warning..I have more problem with glass, remind me to blog it sometime!! Haha - hope ur ok

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3