Lots of blue and Burple

Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

I should have had this finished last weekend, but I'm going to try for this weekend. Next time I make another dragon sculpture, if I paint it, I have to remember to do the base first. I thought it would have been easier to paint the dragon first and then the base because I didn't think that I would be doing a lot of painting on the base. But now that I have decided to paint most of the rocks a yellow/orange/red combo I am having a hard time not getting yellow paint on the burple dragon.

I really do like using my hands to sculpt figures, I just need to spend more time learning to paint them lol (The sculptures, not my hands :p my hands are always covered in paint when I paint; and my hair, my clothes and my socks once. Not sure how that happened....). I wish I had a kiln (or a really big friggin stove, but since our kitchen isn't that big it would have to go outside and we would have to chain it to the fence so the neds don't nick it. Then again, it might be funny to watch a bunch of neds try to lift a stove and run away with it :p), so I could do some really big pieces. I loved doing that in high school.

Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

Started laying down the background colour for the horse. I decided to put the basic background colours in and then once the horse is done I can darken them or add more colours to suit the horse. I left a bit of space around the horse just to give me a bit of room to make a few mistakes, once the horse is done I could do a light wash of colour over the whole image to tie things together and close up the space.

I really like the blotchy coloured backgrounds, I know they are not to everyone's liking but for some reason I really like the look and they are fun to do :)

Comments

  1. I can't wait to see that horse ... I like that you are sharing the work in progress. So, you lay down the background with watercolor...if I'm seeing that right, and then you will do the horse in CP or WC? I'm guessing CP...however, you do it, this is going to be fun to watch.

    So you hang out at WC too! Cool. Do you post there. I've never posted anything there, just lurked for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the dragon....I bought some Sculpy clay and air dry clay the other week with plans to give sculpting a try. As yet they are still in their sealed packets. lol

    I like the watercolour effect of the background for the horse...can't wait to see it come together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the blotchy background!
    and cant wait to see both the finished results!!

    much love teen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dragon sculpture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy- The background is Neocolors 2, put down dry and then soaked. Had to let the paper dry completely so hopefully I can work on the horse tomorrow in CPs :) I post mostly in the CP part of WC, not as often as I would like as there is so much to look at and comment on. You should post one day :)

    Serena- Sculpy is great, just don't let it burn (fumes are toxic). Are you going to post what you make?

    tina- Thanks :) *hugs*

    Michelle- thank you :) I really want to make another one now

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3