Scottish Word of the Week Feb, 20

"Mr.Angry" Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip
For sale here

I haven't posted a Scottish word for almost a month so here are 2 :D

1. hochmagandy
2. bawbee

Answer to the last Scottish word:

1. byke is a wasp's nest

I might run out of words eventually, but there are lots left and I could always ask older people because they use words that people don't really use now. Its actually interesting and sad at the same time how some words are lost and why they are lost.

Comments

  1. interesting words. I have ancestors from Scotland, sure wish I had learned just one thing from them. I like Hochmagandy...sounds so Scottish. That a bunch of Hochmagandy, is how I think it would be used in a sentence, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you could use the word like that, but you might get a few odd looks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:18 pm

    Hochmagandy = guy from India that was into passive resistance.

    Bawbee = Ken's high maintenance girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3