Tourist Cow


Tourist Cow
Originally uploaded by fuzzydragons

Playing tourist in a water fountain that doesn't have any water. You wouldn't know this was in town, could walk right by it if no one told you it was there or didn't like exploring towns. Its only a street up from one of the main streets in town but its surrounded by houses so you can miss it.

Shame it doesn't work, was probably really pretty when it did. There are a lot of old houses around it some 200 years old.



Really rough sketch of some Easter dragons fighting over some kind of candy. Haven't figured out what type yet. Most of my art starts off as quick sketches little like this and then I refine the sketch until I'm happy with it. To most people this just looks like a scribble but the simple lines are enough to make me remember what it was I was going to draw and the placement of objects on the page.

I don't do colour studies, but I probably should because it would help in picking colours and to set the mood of a piece. With something like this, picking colours is easy though. Simple, bright colours to bring to mind spring.

I haven't forgot about the horse or my other dragon ideas, just felt like drawing some more holiday dragons :)

Comments

  1. Must be a lovely town with old buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easter dragons? What a delightful idea! I look forward to seeing their progress as you work ojn them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing you evolve with the sketch ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. there are some really nice old buildings in town, some listed so that any work done on them must be in the style of when they were built. Wouldn't say its a lovely town, its a nice town with lots to look at and if you like walking lots to walk and see when walking. Downtown is starting to look like a ghost town because lots of stores have closed :/ kinda sad

    thanks linda :) I like drawing the holiday dragons, just keep forgetting to get them down before the holiday arrives :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. catching up on reading your blog. Love the swinging cow photo, and yay, thanks, you posted another rough sketch. Love when you do that. Now I'm really looking forward to those easter dragons and easter colours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3