Creative Space May, 7, 2009


Creative Space May, 7, 2009
Originally uploaded by fuzzydragons

I decided to make a pencil wrap with this gorgeous moon and star fabric :) It is going to be pretty big, 10x20 inches when its unrolled, but I figure it can hold more pencils that way and I can always make smaller ones later if this works.

For once there are not any pencils on the desk :p hmmm there actually is a lot of room when there isn't jars of pencils sitting around

hmmm its amazing how quickly I can get a sewing project together when I make a pattern before hand :p huh who would have thought :p

More creative spaces here

Hopefully art later, I have drawn 2 ACEOs but the scanner is isn't cooperating :/

Comments

  1. What a clever idea. Haven't seen pencil wraps before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the new blog, and those two fabrics are beautiful!
    love tina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made pencil rolls before & my kids LOVE them & they actually put the pencils away because they look so beautiful in the roll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making it easy on yourself in a project does take some doing and prep work, but as you say...well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda- they are great to throw in a bag when travelling :D they can come in really handy and work well with carrying brushes around too :)

    thank tina :D the blue fabric is so pretty I didn't want to use it and possible waste it :)

    Kirtsy- great that your kids use them! :D the pencils do look great laid out in the wraps

    Maureen- I always say I'm going to use a pattern but then get impatient and just wings it :p lol thats probably going to change now :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3