Everyday in May #10

Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip
ACEO
coloured pencil on Bristol
For Sale here


A pink flamingo for today :) I like the Bristol paper a lot for inkwork and graphite but I think its too smooth for coloured pencils. I am so use to working on Mi-Tientes, watercolour paper, Murano and even Stonehenge (which I just can't fall in love with like a lot of CP artists can.), it feels odd working on a paper that has pretty much no tooth to it.

I know I did a post about the types of coloured pencils that I've used and I've thought about making a post about the types of supports I've used. I haven't used everything out there, (who has? I really would like to read that post if it exists. Would be interesting to read about all the types of supports :) ), but I want to write about what I have used and compare them to each other. Just need to go over all that I have used and if it ends up being a long list I might have to break it up into a few parts. Bad idea, good idea?

Comments

  1. this is beautiful, the beak is amazing.
    what kind of supports so you mean?
    love tina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :D

    supports like the type of paper used, canvas, ceramics, photo paper things like that. The more that I think about what I've used its a big list lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should definitely write that post (or posts!)

    And definitely do that other thing we talked about ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be interested to hear your opinion on different supports. Lovely flamingo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be a good post, I don't think I have used loads, although thinking about it...they add up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:03 pm

    Beautiful drawing, love your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful drawing of the Flamingo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. rose- I am trying to remember all of the supports I've used. When I think about it, its not that much. But still going to write the post :) lol I really want to do the other thing, I just don't know what to write. Kind of struggling to make it seem like I know what I am talking about lol (and I know I do [and I am not trying to sound like a know-it-all, I really am not. there are a lot of people that use CPs really well out there]). I want to sound professional and say that I think I can bring a lot of knowledge to the course without sounding stuck up. if that makes any sense lol

    serena- thanks :D

    chrissy- they do add up! you don't realize it until you start to think about what you have used :)

    Shashi- thank you :D

    thanks Lynsey :D

    thank you Kerry :)

    Norma- thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:59 am

    Love the Flamingo, beautiful colourul birds to draw. I cannot use CPS on Bristol at all, as you say way too smooth for my liking, but great for pen and ink work. I just like a little bit of tooth on my paper and that suits my drawing style very well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. vic- it does work great for ink work :) def. going to use it more often for anything involving ink. I use to use paper like this all the time for CP work, and now I can't imagine how I did it. Get so use to using paper like the Mi-Tientes that using Bristol just seems not to work very well now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3