Everday in May #13

"Everyday in May #13"
Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip
Ink on Bristol
For Sale Here

*dances* I really like how this turned out :D I'm seeing spots now lol I think I'm going crazy because I want to do another one lol :D

Went for another walk today and took a few more pointless pictures :) (I want to try to take as many pictures like this actually as possible to have some kind of record of what the area looked like and compare them to pictures later on :) )

1901 or 1910? Can't decide.

Definitely 1900 :D Not sure what the initials would stand for but its on what was probably a huge house back then.

I found the best picture to use. I love when I find things I didn't even know I had. I know people might be getting sick of me drawing birds because it seems like I am either drawing a bird or a horse, but I really have to draw what I found. I think it will make such a nice drawing. So think big bird (no, not the one with snuffleupagus as a friend. and what is he? I never could figure that out as a kid :p mutant woolly mammoth?).

Comments

  1. This is amazing! I can't imagine the patience it must have taken to draw all that detail, in ink! in dots!! It's really a beautiful image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's turned out brilliantly! And Big Bird would be cool ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:54 am

    Love this Jennifer, the patterning is superb and it looks great in Ink.....hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Ann :D its kind of therapeutic making all the dots lol your mind kind of goes blank and your hand takes over automatically :)

    Thanks Sandy! :D

    Lynsey- thanks! :D I am hoping the birds really turn out well, need to get off my butt and start drawing them lol

    Vic- Thanks! :D I'm good, hope you are too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ink drawing is lovely, very celtic looking, I could imagine you doing a few things in that sort of style..

    It is always good when you find a great reference, last week when I was out and about I snapped a dog and a horse, well I have only every done a horse in paint, so perhaps I will have a go at CP.I don't think people get sick, sometimes it is just good to break away for a change but all inspiration is good inspiration methinks :-D

    Your initials on the house look like AB, perhaps it was the builder?

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is beautiful! i love the dots. the knots are stunning!

    love tina x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo! Think I spotted this on Flickr and meant to go back and take a proper look - it looks fantastic : ) Celtic?

    ReplyDelete
  8. chrissy- thanks :D i love doing stuff like this, just takes forever lol you have to draw the dog and horse! :D would love to see what you do with them :) could be the builder, that would make sense :)

    tina- thanks :D *hugs*

    alison- thank you :D its based on a door from a Java house(the place not the coffee ;) ) I just changed the design a bit and yeah it does look a little celtic now that you mention it :)

    thanks michelle :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3