Everyday in May #22

Another Yupo experiment.This time done with watercolour pencils. The pencils went down pretty easily. Felt again more like I was using markers to colour with, didn't have any issues with the pencils picking up any under laying colours. Blending wasn't a problem but I was using a light touch so that might have had something to do with it.

And wetted down. I tried not to use as much water as I did last time but I still had a problem with the water pooling into one area and the colours just blended right together loosing any of the shadows I had tried to put down.

And the scanned drawing. Once again the scanner really doesn't seem to like this paper :/ If I use watercolour pencils on Yupo again I need to put done twice as much or more pigment down as it dried very light. You can still see the pencil marks on the paper, but it actually looks neat and adds more to it, helps with the shading. I'd probably use these over the Inktense pencils mostly because when putting the pigment down there is no problem with previous colour being picked up or the ends of the pencils getting waxy (thats the only way to discribe it. Its like the Inktense build up a layer of wax after 3 or 4 passes over the paper). The experiments will continue. Probably try Neocolors next over this one and then need to think of something to draw for a card that isn't an experiment :)
Went to Arbroath today to go for an interview at the college to get into the portfolio course so spent the afternoon walking around in the gorgeous weather :D We also took pictures of everything today to make up A Day in My Life post on Livejournal so will be posting that some time this week. Lots of pointless pictures of the day lol Will be pictures from the time I get up, until the time I go to bed.

Driving there. Mr.F's grandfather and grandmother were going anyway so we asked for a lift (really didn't want to take the bus). The sky was so blue and clear, perfect day to walk around town.

awww We saw a lot of puppies being walked by volunteers for the Guide Dogs today, and it was a perfect day to do it because:

A marching band. Great thing to get the puppies use to loud noises. It was a parade for the Marines (45 Commando). Lots of people there showing support. I had completly forgot about the parade, nice that we saw it :)

And the building I had to go to today :) Got into the course, but the man doing the interview said I probably wouldn't learn anything from the course as I can already draw pretty well. He said some other things to that were a nice ego boost :D He asked what I wanted from the course and when I said that I want to be able to get feedback, to work on producing backgrounds on my work he said that the course should help with that. He gave me some good pointers about my sketchbook and some suggestions about some of the art in my portfolio (and now I know what was bugging me so much about that candy all sorts piece I did. The circles are really off in it). So I think it went well. Should know more in the next few coming weeks exactly what is going on. I'm just happy that I got in :) And they have printmaking facilties which I fully intend on taking full advantage of :D If I do decide to reapply to Uni taking this course might help me. So not that the blog is going to change awhole lot, but I probably will be talking about school more. But that also means I will probably have lots of art to show :D

Comments

  1. I am so excited for you that you are going to take this course! And printmaking facilities to use - woohoo!!You are going to have a blast!
    The apple on the yupo is really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on that interview Jen! I'm jealous, but very happy for you. Looking forward to all the art. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoying your experiments with different paper and pencils. Looks like you had a lovey day out in some fab weather.

    Glad the interview went well and really looking forward to following your progresson on your blog. It makes great reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know that your interview went well and the feed back you got on your drawings were positive. Hope all goes well towards your Uni entry.
    Looks like you had a great day hope your weekend is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done on interview! look forward to seeing lots more work !
    lovely photos.

    love teen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Ann :D

    rose- I think people might get sick of me posting all the art I do for the class lol :p

    alison- I will try to update what I do in the course once it starts up :) it was a gorgeous day, but then rainy and grey today :/

    shashi- the guy doing the interview was very helpful, really looking forward to the course starting. weekend is turning out to be pretty grey outside :/

    tina- thanks :D *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3