Yupo

Yupo. Kinda rolls off the tongue. Fun to say. But have no idea what I think of the paper lol It is so odd. I wanted to just see how different media acted on it so took some Neocolors and Inktense pencils to the pieces that Kaslkaos sent me :) I decided to stick to something simple to experiment with and whats simpler then an apple?

This is with the Neocolours laid down dry. It was like drawing with markers, or at a very long stretch oil pastels. I do like how easy the colour went down. Very streaky which I didn't like and the crayons picked up the graphite off of the Yupo paper and smeared the colours together so some of the light parts now had grey marks in them :/

hmm wetting the crayons did not work that well. I think with the paper being so slick and smooth that everything just pooled together :/ The swirls look really cool tho lol but I lost any kind of shadow to the apple that I had before I wetted the paper.

This is done with the Derwent Inktense pencils. I actually really the sketchy look of this. Bit of a problem tho. There must be something on the paper that causes a build up on the pencil point because I could only make 2 or 3 marks before the next mark either lifted the underlaying colour or wouldn't put anymore clour down. Easily fixed by quickly scribbling on a scrap piece of paper.

And wetted down. Much easier to keep the shape of the apple with the Inktense pencils. Much better colour definitition, just maybe need to put more colour down so it doesn't look so washed out next time.

And the Neocolors on the left and the Inktense on the right. I'd scan these but the Neocolors piece is still wet 5 hours later! o.0 I still have a few pieces left to mess around with and will probably try going over each of these with there opposites to see what happens to the paper then.

I don't know if I like the paper or not. I like how the inktense look dry on it, but not sure if the colour would just wipe off? I like how smooth it is, but it pools water (and I hardly used any lol) hmm definitly more experiments tomorrow. :)

And I saw my brain today! :D Very cool. Well the white spots are not cool but after 2 years I finally get to see what the docs saw. People think its odd that I find that cool, being able to see what is wrong with my head, but its hard to explain. Not that it makes it any less real not having seen it before, but I like to be able to see whats wrong and where its wrong. When I was first told, the docs said there was no argument over what was wrong, it was clear to all. But the computers were down so I didn't get to see. Now that I have seen the MRI, yep its pretty clear (one spot about the size of a 10p piece on the monitor, probably not that big actually or maybe it is, I don't know). I would love a copy of the MRI but no idea how I would get it lol

Comments

  1. A friend of mine *loves* Yupo - she does gorgeous, saturated, loose and direct paintings on them (and yes! you have to be careful. If you rub the surface or get them wet, the pigment totally moves). She scans them and prints them out on glossy paper. They are gorgeous.

    I know what you mean re: being able to see your own scans. I find the more I know, the less scary/mysterious/unmanagable things seem to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:05 am

    I haven't been here for ages!!

    Blog is looking great!

    I normally hate black background, but the green text is more soothing to the eye than white! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these drawings, and sorry, but I quite like the streakiness of the top one! The images show up really well on the black background : )

    Glad you got to see your brain - I haven't seen mine for ages, hehe!! Seriously I think it's good to know what's going on medically - it is YOUR body after all : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:53 pm

    ok so im not a doc but cant you just ask for a copy of your scan like above person said its your brain. plus no harm in asking.
    luv ya
    sis

    ReplyDelete
  5. tara- I've seen some really nice stuff on it too :) no idea how people are getting it to work that way for them tho lol yeah less scary is probably why I wanted to see. Not that I was scared but its gives the problem a face

    nuvonova- thanks :D glad the green text works

    alison- don't apologise for liking what you like! :) to each their own :) i like to know what is going on health wise with me, but docs seem kind of taken aback when me or hubby seem like we are knowledgeable about the problem :/

    sis- I probably could, might next time I go in

    ReplyDelete
  6. They found a brain?? :)
    That is such good news!
    Beats the alternative...
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol :p

    ha! I have proof my head isn't full of dust bunnies :p (trust me was a shock to me as well :p)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can understand how you'd like to see your brain, it's your brain! Weird thought though, I say as I try to visualize my gray matter. Wouldn't be so happy about the spots, though. Hope things are okay. Sometimes you worry me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. things are good :) I knew there were spots on my brain as the drs told me, but I thought it was really cool to actually see :) apparently I worry a lot of people lol ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3