Done with Dots :p

Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip
ACEO
Ink on Stonehenge
For sale here

Well for the moment anyway until I get the desire to try to drive myself into the crazy house (which we have driven past so I would know how to get there :p).I did manage to achieve what I wanted with this; to figure out how to make feathers with all the dots. Not super realistic but its not bad at passing for bird feathers :D (I know that is a bit of a price hike compared to my other ACEOs but these take forever to do and I think they show that :) )

I wasn't sure if my ink pens would last until this was finished but thankfully they did. I really do need to find the nibs for my plastic quill pen. It is so much cheaper buying ink by itself and I like the overall effect from using a pen nib better then a pen. Seems to have more of a texture to it compared to just using the ink pens.

Of course when the nib catches on something on the paper or I turn around too quickly and send the ink container flying ink goes everywhere but as long as the windows are closed no one can hear me cursing like a sailor :p

And it still hasn't flowered :/ hmph :p Definitly leaning towards it being more reddish then anything. Too bad its not on our side of the yard :p hmmm I wonder if you can take clippings from them? *goes to look that up*

Comments

  1. That looks like an azalea to me - most of the ones way on down here in the south west have flowered and are on their way out now! Amazing how much difference a few hundred miles can make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice little ACEO! Have you tried a technical pen? I use a Rapidiograph with the smallest nib they make. It costs about $25.00 but lasts for years. Great job on the stipple (er, dots) :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely rhodedendron/azalea/whatever I haven't a clue what it is but it looks very pretty!

    The bird ACEO is great! I really mean that, but what I don't know (and have been meaning to ask you for ages) is what does ACEO mean? Things have come on so far in the art world that I'm totally behind!

    Thank you for your kind comment. I've always hated photos of myself but looking back I can see the old ones weren't as bad as I thought when compared to the later ones, lol! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, especially the eye which is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the eye!

    It will be interesting to see what the final colour of the flowers will be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jen, tis a rhodedendron, sadly they are grafted so you cannot take cuttings, although the purple ones are known to spread. I do think that one will be burple but there are deep reds, pinks, and even oranges besides. The ACEO is superb work :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still now flower? Maybe you need to sing to it?

    I think your bird drawings are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephie- most of the azaleas around here have flowered too and are dropping petals. I thought at first this was an azalea at first too but then it started to grow buds like a rhododendron

    Melody- I've never used one, not sure where I would find one here. Going to have to keep my eye out for one. The pens look like they cost a bit but the refills don't look to be that much. :) and Thanks :)

    Black Cat- thanks :D ACEOs-Art Cards, Editions, and Originals :) I do the same with photos, I look back at them and wonder what I was complaining about

    thank you Melissa :)

    thanks Serena :D it opened to be this really deep red, almost a blood red :) looks so much better in person, the camera doesn't pick up the colour exactly right

    chrissy- I did a bit of digging (no pun intended lol). and you can but it is sometimes really hard to get them to grow :/ I would love to see an orange one, is probably really pretty :D and thanks :D

    Linda- I think if I sang to it, it would die ;p thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3