cookie or biscuit?


94/365 09.10.09
Originally uploaded by fuzzydragons


The feeling in my hands is coming back *dances, trips over table*. Its not perfect, I'd say about 50 to 60 percent better but its a start. My hands still are numb, and do give a little spasm once and awhile, hence the few odd marks below, but at least now I can hold a pencil without dropping it every 30 secs.





I know it is going to take some practice getting back to where I was art wise over 2 weeks ago, so things will probably look childish for awhile. But I am just glad the feeling is coming back. Well its either coming back or I am getting use to the lack of feeling in my hands and am adapting. Either way is fine with me.

So did manage to get some work done on the Halloween dragon. Need to darken the carved out parts of the pumpkin still and then if my hands are better enough tomorrow, take water to it and see what happens to the paper and colours.



Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

Just because the feeling is coming back to my hands doesn't mean I will stop using the pastels. I forgot how much I liked using them. Used them all the time in high school for pet portraits for teachers who paid me in chocolate (hmm maybe thats where the chocolate addiction came from :p). I like the look you can get with them and I think they are great for studies but I know you can get detail with them too. Its a very simple style for me but I like it. Just need to remember to work bigger if I want any kind of detail in what I am drawing.



*its a biscuit*

Comments

  1. Biscuit.

    I really like the horse done with the pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too - that horse is excellent.
    My Mom lost the feeling in her right hand and adapted. She couldn't write her signature for weeks, but now you wouldn't know the difference from before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - cookie! You make me want to play with some pastels, though I'm sure it would take me a while to achieve anything like what you can do. The dragon is such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Michelle and Michelle :D Michelle (artscapes), thats good to hear! gives me hope, thanks :)

    Judi-thanks :) have a play with the pastels, they are a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to hear the feeling is coming back...or you're adapting. Love the pastel horse too!

    Yep, that's a biscuit ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Halloween dragon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you're getting feeling back in your hands. The horse is looking good and I love that dragon in the pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3