Feed (book review)

Blogging and zombies. 2 of my favourite things in one book, which is probably why I enjoyed this book as much as I did.The good news is that cancer and the common cold have been cured, the bad news is that your family pet dog might eat you. But hey, no runny nose or snotty tissues to deal with  :p

The books follows a group of bloggers as they cover a presidential campaign. Which might sound boring but the book is surprisingly fast paced. I have no interest in politics at all, but I never found any of the political talk in the story boring, but that might be because of the threats of zombies gate crashing. The author does a good job explaining how people now have to deal with the "zombie" virus, the constant testing for the active virus, the security that is now needed everywhere, and I love how people have had to rely on zombie movies to survive.  The author has thought about a lot of things we take for granted and how they would be effected if zombies ran amok; if no one can die? how can you have a death penalty?

I thought that the relationship between sister and brother, Georgia and Shaun (yay again for the ode to zombie movies), was well done. You could tell that they really care for each other. When a character is killed in the story you do feel a little sorry to see them go, but its a zombie book, it wouldn't be a zombie book without a few deaths. There were a few scenes in the book that actually had me gasp, I didn't expect them.

Yes there are zombies in this book, but its more of a horror mystery with a bunch of brain eaters thrown in. Once you figure out the "who" part of the mystery, there is still a lot of suspense to keep you reading. I am really looking forward to the next book in the series so I can see what happens to the characters.


Highly recommended for anyone who likes zombies :)

Comments

  1. loved your review!!!
    zombies....no thanks....lol so just gonn aleave it! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3