Chubby Robin


Finished little robin :)

I used Faber-Castell art grip Aquarelle pencils for this and I do like, them but a few things about them:
  • I did find them easy to hold because of the triangle shape instead of a circular one
  • They were easy to use dry on heavy duty watercolour paper and the colours were vibrant 
  • But when the pencil is then wetted the colours get very light. Either I need to put a lot of pigment on the page or I just have to stick to mutiple colour passes with the pencils
  • The colours blend/bleed together well 
  • When the pencils are used wet directly, the colours are rich and vibrant, so I could just use them wet but that does eat up a lot of the pencil
So not upset I bought them and will keep using them but will probably combine them with either ink or watercolour paint in the future. 

Comments

  1. So lovely and delicate! I appreciate your views on the Aquarelle pencils...don't have any at this stage but it's good info to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are nice, but can't see myself only using them on something, a bit too light

      Delete
  2. My watersoluble pencil set is Inktense, and they really live up their name. They are as bright as coloured pencils, and wet them, and they go even darker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love inktense pencils :D and i really didnt need more pencils, but i'm an art supply addict :p

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3