Book Review

I recently finished "Trilogy: A Collection" by Prudence MacGregor. A collection of 3 stories with paranormal elements to them, with characters that end up questioning what is going on in the world around them. 

All 3 stories were well written, but I found them too short. Yes they are short stories, but I felt like they ended too abruptly, that I was left with many questions that I wanted answered. It was frustrating how you were left with so many unanswered questions, and I felt like the author didn't give enough information in the story for you to even fill the answers in yourself. I wanted to know more about the characters,(even if the characters were written as seeming very introverted), and I felt when the story hit its climax, that was it. I wanted more.

The writing on the back says each story has their own moral and life lesson, I don't think any of the stories were long enough to have moral or life lessons.

Of the 3 stores, I found the second story," Random" to be the most interesting. A typical ghost story, but it was interesting how the ghost came into the story and I thought that this story could have really been longer, going more into the mystery of the missing family and what happened to them, where did they go? I really wanted this story to continue the most out of all the 3; I wanted to know what happened to the main character after her discovery, and what she might do with the information she was given. 

This was a quick easy read, but too short. The fact that I wanted the stories to be longer, definitely means I enjoyed the book, felt it was well written and flowed well. I just felt the author could have expanded on her ideas more to bulk out the stories. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3