Out of the Hospital.....

and I am not going to post a photo of the stitches since the cut goes from above my ear to the middle of my throat, looks like someone tried to slash my throat :/ (Really, no one really wants to see that). Can't eat anything but soup since I can't open my mouth enough to chew anything, (going to get sick of tomato soup pretty fast :p). There was a drain in and contrary to what a doctor said when I asked him if it would hurt coming out and he said its a little uncomfortable, that was a little frikken more painful then uncomfortable. A few....um obscenities were muttered when that happened.

I knew beforehand that my face would possibly go numb, so no surprises there, just feels odd to not be able to move the right side of my face properly.The numbness isn't permanent they say until after 18 months.....

No idea how many stitches there are, 15-20+?? They come out on Thursday so will ask then. Pretty damn sure I would not do this again, too painful and it might not have done anything to increase jaw function. Finger crossed it does after the swelling goes down and I go through physio tho.

Comments

  1. You have been incredibly brave and I'm immensely proud of you poppet....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to hear from you! Maybe alternate that soup with some smoothies? Sending tons of good wishes for the best possible outcome and speedy healing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ann :) going to try some fruit smoothies tomorrow and see if i can eat/drink that :)

      Delete
  3. Yay! Glad to hear from you... Try some strained and pureed carrot and ginger soups and the like when you're ready. You deserve at least some flavour after all that!

    And yes, there will be ghost towns coming up near the middle to end of the month.... :-)

    Sending big hugs and wishes for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks michelle :) and yay! ghost towns :D

      Delete
  4. Oh, Jen... that's sounds pretty awful all the way around. I hope your recovery is speedy and smooth... hmmm... soups and smoothies okay, but I'm voting for a milkshake. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sherrie :) going to clean the blender up and try some different milkshakes, might as well get some use out of it rather then it sitting in a cupboard :p

      Delete
  5. Jen, you are one tough cookie. Whenever I need to brave against pain in the future, I'm going to be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks rose :) i wouldnt think of me tho, pain killers work better :p

      Delete
  6. And I'd go for the milkshake too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks folks :)
    Perhaps Jen should write a book - TMJ replacement surgery - What the Drs "forget" to tell you

    Could be a winner....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah the joys if surgery. Yes that old "this may be a little uncomfortable" translates to grit your teeth. Sounds harrowing - you are a brave soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if i had of seen that doctor after i would have been tempted to kick him :p

      Delete
  9. After all you're going through I sure hope you notice an improvement once you're all healed up. You are VERY brave. Sending healing vibes to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks serena :) i hope there is an improvement too

      Delete
  10. Ow! I can't believe you go through all that and still find time/energy to comment on my blog. You are incredibly kind, generous, thoughtful. Gosh, hope you feel better so much sooner. Do you get to have icecream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i couldnt sleep ;) (was going to comment on the other post last night too but my vision was going all funny from the numb face :p) and thank you :D
      tried ice cream today, can manage a small amount as long as its really really soft

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3