October Book Wrap-Up

Managed to read 8 books in October, and shockingly they were all pretty OK  lol I haven't written reviews for The Stainless Steel rat books yet, want to finish the whole of the series before I do.

The ChrysalidsThe Chrysalids by John Wyndham
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

well, I would be screwed in this world having been born with 6 fingers :p





The War of the WorldsThe War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My only complaint really is that it is too short :p enjoyed reading it, didn't find it a chore to get through, words flowed very well and it wasn't bogged down by unnecessary descriptions or pompous words :p



The Stainless Steel Rat Goes to Hell (Stainless Steel Rat, #9)The Stainless Steel Rat Goes to Hell by Harry Harrison
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2 more to go in the series....





The Long Earth (The Long Earth #1)The Long Earth by Terry Pratchett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Enjoyed it, the ending was a little slow but over all very entertaining and fast paced. The big reveal at the end felt like a bit of a let down tho, like the authors couldn't think of anything better. Characters were well written, and you are supposed to stop and think what actually makes something sentient or not. No idea if I will read all of the series but will try the next one since I got it for a pound in Tesco lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3