3 Hours Later....


And onto the part I am dreading messing up. The wing feathers, a couple dozen maybe?

Decided to show an image of the plate over the photo so people will get a better idea of how I work when etching and see exactly how many feathers I have to etch. The black paper makes it easier to see details in bright light on the plate.

There are some people who might argue that all I am doing is tracing and its not really art when I etch these birds; but I take the photos that I use and have to decide what to leave and what to include in the etching so the print will look right. I think its still art, technically it is dry point work, not traditional etching, but acid and me are probably not a good mix with my shaky hands lol

Comments

  1. With etching I don't see how it is tracing to be honest. I would be worried if you weren't doing it that way!

    Nice change to the blog btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) I have seen some people that etch freehand, its amazing to watch :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3