Book Wrap-Up November

Pretty sure I wont get any more reading  done this month, so here are the books I did manage to get finished :) 2 more to read to meet my goal of 80 books read this year.


Ancillary Justice (Imperial Radch, #1)Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Really enjoyable sci-fi, enough of a mystery to what is going on to keep a person guessing and really interesting characters. The he/she pronoun use was a little confusing at first, and I took a few chapters to get use to it.



The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1)The Maze Runner by James Dashner
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

um...hmmm....

boring and full of so many one dimensional characters, very predictable ending :/ Glad I borrowed it from the library and didn't wast money on it


The Long Mars (The Long Earth, #3)The Long Mars by Terry Pratchett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I would honestly only give this 2.5 stars because it is pretty boring and just a redo of the first book (with Mars added in) :/ What was an interesting idea, just gets boring after awhile when you don't do much with it but jump around different places. If the characters were a little more interesting I don't think I would have been that bored, but its sad when I find the most interesting character a fake feline. I really really still like the premise behind the books, so many possible worlds to explore, so many things that could happen, I just don't feel much is being done with the idea.

The Long War (The Long Earth #2)The Long War by Terry Pratchett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I still enjoyed the book, but so much more could have been done with all the different worlds.

Comments

  1. I totally agree about the pronouns in Ancillary Justice, I think I am still confused!! Not a fan of Maze Runner at all. I read almost Book 1 and then gave up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad I am not the only one who didn't like maze runner lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3