To Finish or Not??

I am really not happy with the way this is looking at the moment, so away it goes for a day and then I might think better of it after not looking at it for hours :p

I will probably finish it, but will probably end up experimenting with colours more if I don't start liking the way it looks. So the tiger might end up with a bit of purple and blue in his fur.

The ref. photo was from Gary at paintmyphoto and I just cropped the eyes on one of his gorgeous tiger photos :)

I wish I had more big cat photos that I took so I could do some etchings of them, but I don't and I only want to use my own ref. photos for etchings. Makes them 100% mine then and less copyright hassles if I ever enter them into competitions.

Comments

  1. I've hated a couple of my coloured pencil pieces and put them away. It is good to get a fresh perspective. I agree with you about using your own refrerence photos. It's also more satisfying to have completed the whole process from start to finish. Don't you have any tigers just hanging around your neighbourhood?;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no tigers, just a lot of moggies killing birds around here :/

      Delete
  2. Putting it away is a good idea. I really like the way you cropped it. Wish I had some good photos of wild things, too. No tigers hanging around my neighborhood either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. is there a Zoo you could try to get photos at near by??

      Delete
  3. When you come back to it you might see it with a different eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you need to rent or borrow a big camera and take a day at the zoo to get some 100% you tiger shots.
    This looks like a good start to me, but I really get how it feels to get stuck and need to put something aside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a good camera, just couldn't manage the zoo due to a crocked foot and the fact that Edinburgh zoo is on a big ass hill :/ :( I'm hoping my foot is better in the fall and we can go then and try to get some shots of the leopards they have

      and thanks, now that I've put it away for a few day I want to start working on it again :)

      Delete
  5. It's a very good start!

    Have a wonderful week!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3