17 Days Later

So, its been 17 days since I had my jaw joint replaced. Healing good and I can eat bread now. Well, I can eat it very very slowly and only if I squish it :p but its a start. The nerves on my face are going haywire trying to repair themselves. So while it is frikken painful its a good sign, still look like half my face is frozen tho. My vision is still fuzzy and still need drops, but there are signs that is improving too, as long as I don't read too much and strain my eyes. Which sucks when you are as much of a reader as I am. The area where the stitches are is looking good, hard to say how much of a scar it will be now. I'm thinking more than the last time due to how the cuts where sewn shut but time will tell with that. Anyway pic update, puppies before the photo as usual :p

3

2

1

The muscle on my neck is still really swollen, feels like a huge lump when you touch it. I need to dye my hair :p




Comments

  1. Hi Jennifer,
    Glad the healing is progressing, but so sorry that it hurts so much. It looks like there will be little left for anyone to notice.
    The puppies were great!
    Sincerely,
    Gary, and Michele, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Gary, not too concerned about a scar could always go as Kurgan for Halloween :p

      Delete
  2. Oh my!! You are so brave.... I hope its healing keeps continuing. Your puppies are darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :)

      Not my puppies, wish they were lol love big dogs. the photos are from Flickr :)

      Delete
  3. The eye part is probably the hardest to take... Let's hope all the rest heals quickly now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the eye thing drives me nuts, hard to focus on one thing for a long time. good thing I don't drive :p thanks Michelle :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, looking good, if swollen. Glad you can eat bread, but terrible news about the not reading. Hope your eyes are better soon.
    Pretty amazing what they can do medically. I think the puppies help!! Is Sky a good nurse?? Labradors send wiggly waggly tails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah you can really tell thst it is still swollen when you see it from the front, eyes seem to be a bit better today, still fuzzy but getting easier to close the left one :)

      Sky is seemingly glued to my side lately lol normally its John she stay right next to. thank you :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3