Book Wrap Up Oct, 17 2015

Three books this week. Ok, so one was a kids book but it still counts, and read mainly for the design work so counts as reasearch for Uni to lol

 The Day the Crayons QuitThe Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

yes. its a children's book, but I thought it was cute and it brought a smile to my face :)

The Moon is a Harsh MistressThe Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert A. Heinlein
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Would have been 5 but the ending was way too predictable. Normally I don't like heavily political stories, but this one I didn't find boring. I think the AI computer helped with that, smart as hell but still a child really, so tends to play childish pranks. Interesting characters and the world building for the moon was well done.

Designing Brand Experiences: Creating Powerful Integrated Brand SolutionsDesigning Brand Experiences: Creating Powerful Integrated Brand Solutions by Robin Landa
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Good branding examples, nice full colour photos and easy to follow. Tad dry at points tho, but its not exactly the easiest subject too make exciting :p


I have noticed that there is a lack of reviews of art books on Goodreads. They are there for some, but people seem to not bother writing even a simple review for some reason. I wish there were more art based reviews, would be helpful to know if a book is utter crap before I buy it. So I am going to try to review any art based book I read, even ones that are just pictures because it would be good to know if even picture based books are worth it to read.

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Jennifer has read 79 books toward her goal of 90 books.
hide

Comments

  1. I can see you have nearly reached your target for the year. Robert Heinlein is either very good, or awful I think. I like reading reviews, but I have never written any.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3