Throwback Thursday

I miss my snake. This isn't mine, same kind, but this was at an animal place in Niagara Falls. The guy there looked pretty bored and let me hold some of the reptiles for probably longer than normal.

I find it so odd people are scared of snakes. I can understand why in some cases, but honestly it really is just about educating people about snakes. Once you know which ones to def. avoid, ones like this one don't come across as scary. And I don't know how many times I have said to people they are not slimy. They feel like warm leather, not slimy at all. Well sea snakes might feel slimy since they might be a little wet, but you don't generally pick up sea snakes lol (venomous, try to avoid, but generally are not aggressive)


Comments

  1. You and the snake look happy! I don't know if I've ever held a snake. I think I've touched one though, they feel nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. small ones like this are ok to hold when they get bigger tho you need 2 or more people to hold it. :)

      Delete
  2. No, just no. I know there are harmless snakes, but we have some of the most poisonous in the world, and we learn early to avoid them, or get a blue tongue lizard to live in the garden!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah all the snakes there are venomous, so better to avoid at all costs

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3