Weekly Book Wrap Up

A few nice days (well, nice for here) to sit out and read, so finished two books I have been meaning to finish for awhile. And I know I said I wasn't going to read anymore Stephen King again because I was starting to find his writing boring and repetitive, but I like his short stories. I still stand by saying he can't write an ending to save his life in his novels, but he can generally end his short stories where the ending makes sense.


The House with the Green ShuttersThe House with the Green Shutters by George Douglas Brown
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Very depressing book ending but very true to small town life and how people interact with each other. Sadly the petty vindictiveness and curtain twitching still happens today in small towns. Might need the online Scottish dictionary to understand some of the writing tho if you try to read it lol



The A-Z of Visual Ideas: How to Solve Any Creative BriefThe A-Z of Visual Ideas: How to Solve Any Creative Brief by John Ingledew
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great book full of a lot of interesting ideas to help you come up with design solutions. Sometimes all it takes to find that great idea is one word to set your brain going. I think this is going to come in very handy if I am stuck and can't think of a solution to a design brief.

Currently reading:

Jennifer's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Lie Tree
tagged: currently-reading
Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Jennifer has read 55 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3