Weekly Book Wrap Up

Back on track with the reading goal. Like I said I'm counting graphic novels since technically they have enough pages to be a short book in some of them, so will probably end up reading a lot of graphic novels. That works out tho since I got into the comic module at uni, so it can be homework too lol

Rise of the Dragons (Kings and Sorcerers, #1)Rise of the Dragons by Morgan Rice
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Bad editing, or maybe there was no editing done at all lol Too much repetition, we don't need to be told 20 plus times that the king was a coward, we get it. He was a bad king. And really? A mercenary called Merk? *rolls eyes*





The MiniaturistThe Miniaturist by Jessie Burton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The only thing I didn't like about this book was the ending, too open ended I felt for this genre of writing. Easy read, characters to like and hate, a bit predictable in some parts, but over all a good summer read.





Night of the Living Deadpool (The Living Deadpool, #1)Night of the Living Deadpool by Cullen Bunn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This series was a laugh. Lots of little jokes for people that love zombie lore and of course the usual smart ass comments from Wade. The colouring was great, have almost everything in grey/monotone colours and Deadpool bright red, worked really well here in giving the sense the world is messed up.


Currently reading:




Jennifer's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Fireman
tagged: currently-reading
The Lie Tree
tagged: currently-reading
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Jennifer has read 60 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Comments

  1. I enjoy your reviews, they're brief but cover important points.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lisa :) I try to be brief, short and sweet reviews are the one I read myself

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3