Monday, June 05, 2017

Finished Dragon

Finished the drawing of the dragon I started last week. I might try to paint it digitally since I can't really add paint to this sketchbook paper without it wrinkling, but I have other things to finish first before I do that.

A close up of the cross hatching. Using quick fast lines helps create a gradient effect,which creates shading with the ink pens. I prefer really hard pen nibs, they work the best for me but its worth experimenting to find out what works the best for you.

4 comments:

Neesie said...

He is magnificent Jennifer. The cross hatching adds so much dimension.
I'm imagining him with colour now. Whether with or without colour he's brilliant :D

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

thanks Neesie :) hoping i can find the time to at least see what he might look like coloured :)

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

What a gorgeous dragon! I love him.

Chris Lally said...

Wow!!! Beautiful!