Weekly Book Wrap Up

Still reading the big bloody book, aka War and Peace lol on page 1113 of 1653 in my edition so might finish it soon. But i have been reading other books so I don't get bored reading the BBB lol


 The Children of MenThe Children of Men by P.D. James
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

People haven't been able to have children for a generation, people are panicking over the human race ending but I don't think that after a generation that would be a problem with the population numbers but people are panicking anyway, maybe the lack of reproduction doesn't bug me because I've never wanted kids lol... and if a society is so concerned about finding a fertile male, why would you ignore a big chunk of the population because they have a disability, even a minor one?

Good world building, people generally would stop caring about their future when what is the point when you have no one to leave things to, religion would be pointless since pretty much the whole point is to control people and you can't do that when they don't care, so it does get that right. Nice try at making us care about the characters, but none of them are very likeable, and I didn't buy the main character changing the way he does in the end when he never cared about things like that before (power, control, etc). I get that he is supposed to change because of the big miracle but I don't buy it at all because he never cared about it before at all and the Omegas are brats that need to be told NO and grounded lol

View all my reviews

Jennifer's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Lie Tree
tagged: currently-reading
In Cold Blood
tagged: currently-reading
War and Peace
tagged: currently-reading
Old Man's War
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

2017 Reading Challenge

2017 Reading Challenge
Jennifer has read 20 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide

Comments

  1. Thanks for the excellent review! You're making great progress on the very long book...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YW Lisa :)I will the big book finished eventually lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3