Thursday, August 10, 2017

Falcon #3

Finally have time to work on the falcon etching I started in the beginning of  July. This is just a bit smaller than A3 (297 x 420 mm) size, so might take awhile. I did stab myself twice with my etching tool, which is just a metal scriber sharpened and hardened to a point, which of course I managed to stab myself with twice yesterday. Need more plasters lol

A close up of the beak area. You can see the etching is just cross hatching on the plexi to create the right shapes.

7 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Boy, these are GORGEOUS images!!
I have a real appreciation of that etching tool. I stabbed myself a couple of times and that was it! Hats off to you for your determination - the payoff is having an outstanding piece of artwork!!

Shashi Nayagam said...

Gorgeous etching. Do be careful though.

carol l mckenna said...

Both are wonderful ~ intriguing how you did the closeup of the eye and then the distant one ~ Be gentle with yourself ~ ^_^

Christine said...

Oh wow this is amazing work!

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

You are such an amazing artists.

Eri Sunny said...

Love amazing style of that art!
I`m following your blog with a great pleasure with Google+
Please follow me back - Sunny Eri: beauty experience

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

thanks Chris :) its even worse when you catch yourself with a lino tool, that could involve stitches :/

thanks Shashi :)

thank you carol :)

thanks Christine :)

thats a very nice thing to say Nicole, thank you :)

thanks Eri :)