Weekly Book Warp Up

Ok, so I only finished one book this week and it was a kids book but it still counts. I was busy doing research for my dissertation, so lots of reading for that but usually only sections of a book, not the whole thing.


Esio TrotEsio Trot by Roald Dahl
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Lovely illustrations and its very very quick to read but I just have a bit of a problem with the story. Its saying its basically OK to lie to someone to get what you want. And yes I realize it is a kids story, and kids might not pick up on that, but the adult part of me just has a bit of a problem with it.

View all my reviews

 

Jennifer's bookshelf: currently-reading

Sleeping Beauties
tagged: currently-reading
War and Peace
tagged: currently-reading
In Cold Blood
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

2017 Reading Challenge

2017 Reading Challenge
Jennifer has read 38 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide

Comments

  1. can't believe what that kids book says!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent review, it's probably better not to imply to kids that that is okay even if they don't notice on a conscious level...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have problems with lots of children’s book, some are patronising or didactic. I also totally disagree with the ending of the Narnia series. Don’t get me started......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine, the whole little book is about a man tricking someone he loves to get her to love him back

    Lisa, I was thinking the same thing

    cindy, I have the Narnia books, but have never been able to finish them lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strange that they would encouraging to get what you want ~

    Happy Week to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. carol, not too strange. kids should be encouraged to follow their dreams and all that but probably not through lying :/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3